Wyze Cam (v2) and Wyze Cam Pan are easy to integrate with Amazon Alexa to let you Live Stream on any Alexa device that has a screen. That includes the Echo Show, Echo Spot, Fire TV, and more.
How Does it Work?
To set this up, we have created the Wyze Skill. When you add the Wyze Skill to your Amazon device, you can then use voice commands to show your Wyze Cam Live Stream.
Since Wyze skill is owned by Wyze, all your password and account information is never shared with Amazon and is only viewable through the secure Wyze app.
Link Alexa with your Wyze Account
Add Alexa to your Wyze account by following the steps below:
- Open up the Wyze app, go into your Account settings, then tap on "Works With" to link Alexa to your Wyze account.
- You can also link your Wyze account by asking Alexa to “Enable Wyze skill”. If you have not downloaded the Alexa app you can download it from the App Store or Google Play store or go to alexa.amazon.com to search for and enable the Wyze skill.
- Once enabled, follow the on-screen instructions to link your Wyze account to Alexa. You will be prompted to enter your Wyze username and password to authorize Alexa to access your camera.
- Select Add Device so that Alexa can find your camera. You can also say, “Discover my devices”. After Alexa finds your camera, it’s listed under Devices in the Smart Home section of the Alexa app.
- Click here for more information about setting up Alexa with a Wyze Cam.
Remove your Wyze Account with Alexa
If you've linked Alexa with the Wyze app, you can open the Wyze app, go into your Account settings, then tap on "Works With to unlink your Wyze account.
If you've linked your Wyze account with the Alexa app, you can open the Alexa app or alexa.amazon.com and go to the menu and select Smart Home. In the Devices tab, tap your camera then use the options to delete or disable the camera.
If you need further help, Amazon has additional instructions here.
Once your camera is connected to your Amazon device, you can use the following voice commands to view and hide the camera’s Live Stream.
- “Alexa, show me [camera name]”
- “Alexa, show my [camera name]”
- “Alexa, show the [camera name]”
- “Alexa, show [camera name]”
Say either of the following to stop viewing your camera’s Live Stream:
- “Alexa, stop”
- “Alexa, go home”
Editing Your Camera Name
When working with Alexa, you might realize your camera name “Omicron Persei 8” is hard for Alexa to hear properly. There are a few ways you can change your camera’s name to make things easier.
The first option would be to change the name of the camera through the Wyze app. To do this, go to the Live Stream of the Camera you want to rename. Then press the Settings icon in the top right. The first option is Name. Press that and edit the name of the camera.
If you rename your camera in the Wyze app, you will need to have your Amazon device rediscover your camera in order for the new camera name to be reflected in the Alexa app. To do this in the Alexa app or alexa.amazon.com, go to the menu and select Smart Home. In the Devices tab, tap Add Device. Alexa will discover devices, but the new camera name will be reflected when you view your devices.
The second option is to keep the camera’s name the same on the Wyze app while changing the name you call to reference it for Alexa.
You can modify the camera name in the Alexa app or alexa.amazon.com by tapping on the camera within the Smart Home section of the Alexa app then tapping Edit name. This will not update the camera name in the Wyze app.
- The Wyze skill only works with Wyze Cam v2 and Wyze Cam Pan.
- The Wyze skill only works on Amazon devices that have a screen and can display video. The skill won’t work on any devices that don’t have video capabilities, such as an Amazon Echo.
- The Wyze skill works with all cameras that are connected to your Wyze account, including cameras shared by other Wyze users.
- The Wyze skill does not support 2-Way Audio or pan/tilt/zoom capabilities.
- The camera’s Live Stream will be displayed on your Amazon device for 10 minutes before it automatically stops. To continue streaming, repeat the voice command.
- Assign your camera an easily pronounceable name, such as “Garage” or “Living Room”.
- If your camera is turned off, Alexa won’t be able to access the live stream. You’ll need to open the Wyze app on your phone and turn on your camera before giving a voice command to Alexa.
- If you rename your camera in the Wyze app after you set it up with Alexa, you will need to have Alexa rediscover your camera through the Alexa app in order for the new name to work with Alexa. See Step 4 of “How to connect Amazon Alexa to your camera” above.
Note: The Wyze skill is currently available only in the US and Canada. Currently, we are waiting on Amazon to enable the skill in other countries.