Below is a look into what makes Wyze Cam and Wyze Cam Pan different.
The Wyze Cam is a great option for stationary placement. Such as pointing the Wyze Cam at the front door. You can also daisy chain up to two Wyze Cam v2s together in one general area in case multiple stationary cameras fit your needs better.
The Wyze Cam has two versions, v1 and v2. Wyze currently only sales v2. It is the newest updated version. The Wyze Cam v2 offers the following updates from the v1 model:
- Motion Tagging technology detects and highlights motion in video captured by the Wyze Cam v2.
- Improved image quality: The powerful new CMOS sensor in the Wyze Cam v2 provides clearer images for both day and night vision.
- The Wyze Cam v2 has higher sound quality made possible by a Class-K audio power amplifier and a new audio chip that significantly reduces TDD interference and EMI.
- The Wyze Cam v2 has a matte finish instead of the glossy finish of the original Wyze Cam to reduce reflection.
Wyze Cam Pan
The Wyze Cam Pan is a great option when you need visibility across an entire room, for example, a large living room. The Wyze Cam Pan has the added feature of a motor that lets you Pan and tilt the lens to give you a 360° horizontal and 93° vertical viewing range.
The Wyze Cam Pan has 6 IR LEDs instead of the 4 that come with Wyze Cam v1/v2. The added LEDs will increase the quality of the night vision.
Wyze Cam Pan offers all the features of the Wyze Cam v2 and has these additional features:
- Motion Tracking technology detects and auto-tracks motion at 110° per second and provides all-directional coverage (horizontal 360°, vertical 93°)
- A control panel in the Wyze app that allows you to manually pan and tilt the camera for 360° viewing
- Pan Scan mode that surveys the camera’s surroundings by rotating to preset positions every 10 seconds
- 3.5mm focal length. F2.3 aperture. 120º super-wide angle lens. Enhanced 1/2.7″ CMOS sensor
- Enhanced night vision with six infrared LEDs that distinguishes 18 shades of gray and provides clear images for up to 30 feet away
- 1/4”-20 threaded screw hole in the base that allows the Wyze Cam Pan to be mounted to a standard camera tripod or mount