Google Assistant allows you to control your Wyze Plug across multiple device types. This includes voice-activated speakers (Google Home Mini, Google Smart Home Hub), Android phones, iPhones, in cars with Android Auto, Android TV, and other third-party Assistant built-in hardware.
What is Google Assistant?
Google Assistant is the cloud-based voice service from Google. It's connected to the Google Home app, allowing you to easily and quickly manage all of your smart home devices. Interacting with your Wyze Plug through Google Assistant is as simple as asking a question. Just ask and Google Assistant will respond instantly.
How to use Wyze Plug with Google Assistant
We offer the ability to integrate your Wyze Plug with Google Assistant’s voice controls. Once set up, you can tell your Google Assistant to turn your Plug on or off.
How to connect Google Assistant:
- Set up your Plug with your Wyze app and name your Plug
- Update your Plug firmware to the latest version by going to Account > Firmware Upgrade
- Download and configure the Home app by Google
- Launch the Home app
- Tap Add
- Tap Set up device
- Tap Works with Google
- Find the Wyze Home listing and log in with your Wyze account
- Google Assistant will automatically sync and populate a list of the devices from your Wyze account.
Google Assistant Commands
Once your Plug is connected to your device, you can use different voice commands to control your lighting.
You can use a voice command to turn on or off a specific Plug.
- "Hey Google, Turn on <plug name>."
- "Hey Google, Turn Off <plug name>."
Keep in mind:
- The Wyze integration works with all plugs that are connected to your Wyze account, including bulbs shared by other Wyze users.
- Assign your plug an easily pronounceable name, such as “Garage plug” or “Living Room plug”