Want to revert the webcam firmware update?
To revert your webcam back to a Wyze Cam v2, follow the steps in this article.
Flash Firmware for Wyze Cam
- Visit the Release Notes page for the latest Wyze Cam v2 firmware file.
- Download the file from the Release Notes:
Windows 10: Right-click on the folder and select extract all.
Mac: Drag and drop the folder to the root directory of your microSD card.
- For both Mac and Windows, rename the file to demo.bin.
- Power off your camera and insert your microSD card.
- Hold the Setup button, then plug in your USB cable. Continue holding the setup button for 3-6 seconds until the light is solid blue, then release the button.
- Note: The "Solid Blue" in this case is not the same as the one normally seen on the camera. Instead, both the blue and yellow LEDs will be on at once, making it appear to be a lighter blue.
- Wait for 3-4 minutes. The camera will reboot and the light status will change during this time.
- Once this is done, your camera should be functioning with the original setup. No need to re-set up your device in the Wyze app.
- You're all set!