Need to step outside for a minute, but don't want to affect your Wyze Lock's Auto-Lock? Trash Mode is the answer! With Trash Mode, you can set your Wyze Lock to not lock the next time the door is opened and closed. Meaning you can go outside without worrying about being locked out.
How do I turn on Trash Mode?
With Trash Mode being tied to Auto-Lock, the option to turn it on can be found in the Auto-Lock portion of the settings. This means that you'll need to be near the Wyze Lock to connect to it via Bluetooth to see the option.
To turn on Trash Mode:
- Open the Wyze app and tap the Wyze Lock you want to enable Trash Mode for.
- Tap the settings gear icon.
- Tap Auto-Lock.
- If Auto-Lock is grayed out, back out of the Settings menu to make sure you're connected to the Wyze Lock via Bluetooth, then try again.
- At the bottom of the screen, toggle Trash Mode on .
Don't see Trash Mode? Make sure your Wyze Lock is running firmware version 188.8.131.52 or newer. Here's how to check for the latest firmware version: Keeping your Wyze Lock updated.
How do I use Trash Mode?
Trash Mode was created as a direct response to the many user who let us know that the Auto-Lock feature worked too well, and they got stuck outside. So we wanted our solution to be as easy to use as possible.
After turning on Trash Mode, here's how to engage it:
- Manually unlock the Wyze Lock for about 1 second.
- Manually lock the Wyze Lock for about 1 second.
- Manually unlock the Wyze Lock.
If done correctly, the Wyze Lock will play a quick success tone.
Go outside and do whatever tasks need to be done, as long as it's just closed once on the way out Auto-Lock won't engage. Once you come back and open the door again, Auto-Lock will engage once the door is closed.
Trash Mode not engaging? Try slowing down when turning the lock. It's easy to rush through the "unlock, lock, unlock" steps, and slowing down makes sure the Lock registers everything properly.
Does Auto-Lock need to be enabled to use Trash Mode?
Yes. Since Trash Mode pauses Auto-Lock, you need to have Auto-Lock enabled for Trash Mode to work.