Before starting, you need:
- Wyze Cam v3
- Smartphone or tablet with the latest version of the Wyze app.
- Your WiFi network name and password.
To set up the Wyze Cam:
Step 1: Download the Wyze app and connect to WiFi.
Download the Wyze app from the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store.
Once downloaded, open the Wyze app and sign in or create a Wyze account.
To create a new account:
- Tap “Sign up” on the app screen
- Enter your email address, then enter your password twice
- You can tap the icon in the password field to view the password and make sure you entered the same password in each field.
- Tap “Continue”
- Follow the rest of the instructions in the app
Connect your phone to your 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network and have your network password ready.
Step 2: Plug in the camera using the included USB cable and power adapter
When setting up your camera, make sure to use the included USB cable and power adapter. This will ensure the right amount of power is going to the camera and prevent performance issues.
The LED light will be a solid red to tell you the camera has power. Once the light starts flashing, your camera is ready for setup.
Step 3: Adding a new device in the Wyze app
In the Wyze app, press the + icon in the center of the screen. Select Wyze Cam.
Press and hold the SETUP button on the bottom of the camera until you hear a beep and “Ready to Connect”. Tap the Next button in the app.
Step 4: Adding your WiFi Information
Enter your WiFi network name and password. Tap the icon in the password field to display the password to ensure it was entered correctly. Tap next.
Step 5: Scan the QR Code
The app screen displays a QR code. Face the lens of your camera toward the QR code on your phone. The camera will scan the QR code and you will hear “QR code scanned, please wait”.
- Hold the phone steady about 7-10 inches in front of your camera. It may take a few seconds for the camera to scan the code.
- If it doesn’t scan, change the distance between your phone and the camera slightly and hold both steady. Keep adjusting the distance until the camera scans the code, but hold at each new distance for a couple of seconds to let the camera adjust.
- If it still doesn’t scan, tilt the screen slightly in case there are light reflections not allowing the camera to see the QR code correctly. LED lights, in particular, can cause reflections that stop the QR code from being scanned easily.
- Cracks or scratches on the screen can distort the QR code. Try again using a phone or tablet that doesn’t have a cracked screen.
Step 6: Finishing Setup
Once you hear “QR code scanned, please wait” tap the button in the Wyze app.
Wyze Cam will then complete the setup.
The LED light indicator on the back will flash red and blue, then flash blue, and when setup is complete, it turns to a solid blue and says “Setup is completed”.
Now you can name your camera and you are good to go.
Moving your Wyze Cam
At any point, you can move your Wyze Cam. Unplug the device and move. Once it is plugged in, it should power up and automatically connect to the same WiFi.
If you have changed the WiFi, you will have to setup the device and start the setup process again to generate a new QR code and with the new WiFi settings.
On the Home tab of the Wyze app, tap the + plus sign in the upper left, then select "Add Device" to initiate a new setup. Follow the prompts on the screen to setup your camera again. See the articles below for detailed setup instructions.