No, the v3 can be daisy-chained TO a v2.
Wyze Cam v3 can be daisy-chained to v2, but we do not recommend it. It can decrease the quality and put excess strain on resources and features.
How Daisy Chaining Works:
A Wyze Cam that is plugged into an outlet can use a standard USB-A to microUSB cable (such as the one provided with your Wyze Cam) to pass power down to another Wyze Cam. You can power one additional Wyze Cam by daisy chaining them. Giving you a total of two cameras powered from a single outlet. Try the following steps when daisy chaining:
- Plug in the first Wyze Cam using the included microUSB and power adapter. Connect the microUSB (smaller end) to the first Wyze Cam.
- Check to see if the Wyze Cam works by navigating to the camera's Live Steam in the Wyze app.
- Plug the USB-A (larger end) into the first Wyze Cam and the microUSB (smaller end) into the second Wyze Cam.
- Check to see if the second Wyze Cam works by navigating to the camera's Live Steam in the Wyze app.
Using Longer Cables:
For the best results, use the included microUSB cable and power adapter that came with the Wyze Cam. They have been tested and rated to give consistent power to your Wyze Cam. You can use a longer USB-A to microUSB cable but there are some things to keep in mind.
- Shorter length cables will be more reliable.
- If you are using a longer cable, try and use a thicker gauge and higher quality USB cable.