Before you begin set up:
An existing irrigation system is required to use Wyze Sprinkler Controller - it is not a standalone device. Installation and setup should take about 30 minutes.
What's in the box?
- Wyze Sprinkler Controller
- Wall Plate
- Mounting Screws x2
- Drywall Anchor x2
- 24V 1A Power Supply
- Wire Labels
- Velcro Cable Wraps x2
- Sprinkler Plus Coupon
- A power drill with a Phillips head and 7/32 drill bit
Remove your existing controller
Before you get started, disconnect the power to your existing sprinkler controller.
- Take a photo of the wires going into your existing controller.
- You may have to remove the cover to expose the wires. This photo will be helpful if you require additional troubleshooting.
- In the Wyze app, select the terminals that have wires going into them on your old controller.
- See wires that aren't listed in the app? Please see: I don't see all my terminals
- Once you've selected the wires, use the included stickers to label each wire.
- Finally, disconnect the labeled wires and remove your old controller from the wall.
- If your old controller is in a box, you may need to remove it.
Install the mounting plate
The first step is to hold the mounting plate in the desired location. It's important you check that both the new power adapter and your existing wires will reach the new mounting location.
- Hold the mounting plate to the wall and use a pen to mark the holes.
- Use a 7/32 drill bit to pre-drill the holes.
- Then, insert the wall anchors, gently hammering them into place.
- Hold the mounting plate back up to the wall and screw the plate into position.
- Be sure that the Wyze logo is right-side up.
Connect you Wyze Sprinkler
- Insert each labeled wire to the corresponding terminal on Wyze Sprinkler
- The two C terminals are the same so you can insert your C-Wire to either one.
- You will need to press down on the terminal lever to insert the wire.
- Once inserted, make sure the wires are fully inserted and stay in place when gently tugged.
- Plug Wyze Sprinkler into an outlet using the included adapter
- Wait for the numbers on the front of the device to start cycling in orange.
Your device is now ready to be paired to the Wyze app, after it's mounted.
Mount your Wyze Sprinkler
Place the top of the device into the mounting plate and then firmly push the bottom into place.
You should hear a snap as it locks into place. You can also use the included cord wraps to neatly tie all your zone cords together.
Pairing to the Wyze app
- The numbers on the Wyze Sprinkler should be cycling in orange, it's in pairing mode.
- Don't see this? Make sure the Wyze Sprinkler is plugged into power, then press the reset button on the back.
- Follow the in-app instructions to complete pairing.
Once the device is paired to the Wyze app, you will be asked to set up your zones.
Activating Sprinkler Plus
Each new Wyze Sprinkler Controller comes with 1 year of Sprinkler Plus. To redeem your prepaid year, simply scan the QR code on the card in the box with your phone and follow the on-screen instructions to complete activation.
If you have previously used the code and want to re-activate it, go to services.wyze.com.